Fuel prices are soaring to record heights and it's only going to get worse. But there are things you can do to save a little money on fuel.
I'll say this from the outset, we all know this is due to the global economic situation following Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Our own personal view as a family is that although this is difficult and pushes prices up in every aspect of our lives, at least we are sleeping safely in our own beds at night, so this is not a moan about the prices, simply a few tips to reduce your costs!
1. Brake gently - Your driving style is a huge factor in your fuel usage. Try to drive more smoothly and avoid harsh braking.
2. Don't fill up - Carrying around a full and heavy tank of fuel actually reduces fuel efficiency. When you top-up, shop around for prices and avoid filling up on the motorway.
3. Declutter your car - remove anything unnecessary which is adding additional weight to your vehicle (we always have a bag of recycling for the clothing or bottle bank in the boot for too long at least!). Removing your roof rack alone can save up to 2% in fuel consumption!
4. Pump up your tyres - check your tyres are inflated to the correct pressure. Your can find the correct psi in your drivers door shut or the car's manual.
5. Slow down - take it easy, plan in advance and set off earlier. Busy lives can mean we are often rushing around and burning more fuel than necessary.
Bonus tip - Regular servicing and maintenance can ensure the vehicle is performing efficiently, save you money on emergency repairs and increase the resale value of your vehicle!
For help and advice on any aspect of motoring - message us, call us on 01636 550852 or visit our website www.pwautorepairsnewark.co.uk